The New Year is nearly upon us, and since many of us will indulge in a tasty libation as we begin the countdown, we thought we’d share some delicious cocktail recipes with you from some of our favorite Four Seasons resorts around the world!
Mahana Cocktail – Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
10 Pieces fresh pineapple (More for garnish)
1/2 Tablespoon triple sec (Cointreau)3 Tablespoons vodka (Infused with vanilla) Ice
- Blend the pineapple, triple sec, vodka, and ice.
- Serve in a burgundy glass with pineapple as a garnish.
Granny Smith, Yuzu & Kaffir Lime Bubble Tea – Four Seasons Hong Kong
Ingredients for Granny Smith and Kaffir Lime Juice
1 cup (250 ml) sour apple puree
1.5 tsp (7 ml) lemon juice
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp (90 ml) water
3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
½ cup (125 ml) fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
1. Mix all together ingredients and let infuse for 1 hour.
Ingredients for Bubble Tea
2.5 oz (75 g) tapioca
4 cups (1 L) water
½ cup (125 ml) hard apple cider (4.5% alcohol vol)
2 tbsp (30 ml) white sugar
Directions for Bubble Tea
1. Cook tapioca in water until transparent, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a small pot, cook the sugar to a very dark caramel, then carefully pour in cider and stir.
3. Weigh out 5.5 oz (170 g) tapioca and mix it with ½ cup (125 ml) caramel cider.
Ingredients for Diced Apple
½ sour apple, diced
4 tsp (20 ml) apple juice
Directions for Diced Apple
1. Place apples and juice in an air-tight bag and remove air. Seal.
2. Place sealed bag in a water bath set at 140°F (55 °C) and cook for 1 hour.
Ingredients for Yuzu Cream
1/3 cup (75 ml) green apple puree
2 tsp (10 ml) yuzu juice
4 tsp (20 ml) 35 % cream
½ gelatin sheet, softened in cold water
Directions for Yuzu Cream
1. Mix apple puree and yuzu juice and add softened gelatin.
2. Add cream and let it rest for one hour. Add to a siphon with 2 chargers.
Directions for Assembling
1. Place a generous spoon of cider tapioca in a parfait glass.
2. Add the apple broth and some diced apples.
3. Dispense some yuzu cream and fresh yuzu zest on the top.
Vanilla Sparkle Rum Muddler – Four Seasons Resort Mauritius
2 ½ cups (625 ml) mixed berries
4 cups (1 L) vanilla rum
1 2/3 cups (410 ml) simple syrup
8 cups (2 L) sparkling water
100 basil leaves
20 small sugar cane sticks (or vanilla candy sticks)
1. Spoon out the mixed berries into a large jug.
2. Pour the vanilla rum, simple syrup and sparkling water over the berries and muddle.
3. Fill the glasses with crushed ice and pour the cocktail over this.
4. Garnish with a small sugar cane stick (to act as stir stick) and approximately 5 basil leaves per drink.
Tropical Grenade Cocktail – Four Seasons Doha
2 oz (60 ml) gin infused with cucumber
2 oz (60 ml) fresh pomegranate juice
2 tsp (10 ml) elderflower cordial
2 tsp (10 ml) almond liqueur
1 tsp (5 g) fresh ginger, grated fresh mint, for garnish
1. Cut the top part of pomegranate fruit and separate the seeds from the shell. Set shell aside. Muddle seeds to get pomegranate juice.
2. Gently muddle a small piece of ginger and combine with the cucumber-infused gin.
3. Add elderflower cordial, almond liqueur and lastly the fresh pomegranate juice.
4. Pour directly into the pomegranate shell.
5. Garnish with mint sprig and a short straw.
Cheers to a happy, healthy, and travel-filled 2015!
*For more recipes from Four Seasons Resorts, you can visit taste.fourseasons.com!